Is this program right for you?
If you are interested or majoring in French/Francophone studies, African studies, international relations, or development studies and are seeking an opportunity to live and study in a French-speaking West African country considered by many to be one of the most developed and democratic nations in that region, then the Language and Culture study abroad program in Dakar, Senegal is right for you. The program is geared toward students interested in continuing French language study and learning Wolof, while taking other courses in English and having a cultural immersion experience.
- Choose from a variety of courses in African studies, development studies, anthropology, and sociology
- Live with a Senegalese family that provides strong cultural immersion
- Participate in African art, dance, and music; engage in community service and/or an internship
- Visit Gorée Island, Toubab Dialaw, Saint Louis, and the Sine-Saloum region
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Language requirement FREN 102
Per-capita GDP: $ 1900
Size: 196722 km2
Time Zone: (GMT) Dublin
US State Department
Travel Warning: NO
Country Specific Info.